ATENA Advanced User Seminar 2019 in English Language
2019-06-14 - 2019-06-16,
Dear users of ATENA software,
we would like to invite you to our ATENA Advanced User Seminar 2019. The seminar will take place in Prague, the Czech Republic on June 12-14, 2019. The content of the seminar is arranged such that it concentrates on fewer topics, but provide a deeper coverage and more hands on experience with particular problems. Based on the feedback from our hotline support we selected several topics, where we expect that ATENA users could benefit most from more in-depth explanation or background information.
The new ATENA version 5.7 will be used throughout the seminar. The version 5.7 brings several new and interesting features:
- Better performance in solving and post-processing large scale analysis
- Durability modeling - new model for Alkali-silica-reaction in concrete
- Improvements in the run-time and post-processor program ATENA Studio:
- faster post-processing of large scale models, speed increase almost 100 times
- new display of local element coordinate systems, especially useful for beam and shell elements
- new colored display of tensorial quantities such as principal stresses and strains
- new colored display of vector quantities of forces and displacements
- improvements in the visualization and definition of moment, normal and shear force diagrams and 1D evolution graphs of beam and reinforcement quantities
- plus many other minor improvements and corrections
These new features will be presented during the seminar in more detail, with the possibility to discuss their functionality and application to particular problems by direct interaction with our lecturers.
The seminar attendants are expected to have basic working knowledge of ATENA Science and GiD, at least at the level corresponding to successfully finishing the ATENA-GiD Tutorial example.
- Overview of new ATENA version 5.7 - new features will be presented using selected examples from our consulting practice.
- Theoretical background of ATENA concrete material model - theory behind the main ATENA concrete model will be presented namely in relation to the various input model parameters.
- At the end of the first day a special session will provide an opportunity for each participant to present their current work with ATENA analysis, and share their experience with other participants. This seminar session is also a great opportunity for interaction and feedback with other course participants or lecturers. Based on the feedback from this session, the program in the subsequent days can be adjusted and tailored to the participants problems or requests.
- Theoretical background of ATENA interface elements and material model - the used interface element as well as interface material model will be discussed. This model allows simulation of frictional contacts as well as discrete cracks in brittle materials.
- Modeling contact problems in ATENA - step by step description of the preparation of input data in the preprocessing environment, i.e. GiD for a nonlinear analysis involving contact problem using ATENA interface elements.
- Modeling strengthening of reinforced concrete structures - several approaches will be presented and discussed for modeling strengthening measures using externally applied fiber-reinforced polymer sheets or rods.
- Modeling of construction process in ATENA - since version 5.4 ATENA supports new options and commands for construction process modelling. This new method can be used for instance to simulate tunnel construction process using the new Austrian approach.
- Material model Cementitious2User - theoretical background, selection and calibration of user material parameters for fiber concrete materials
- Modeling fiber-reinforced concrete structures - hands on experience on the calibration process of the material parameters for fiber-reinforced material for application in practical engineering problems.
The registration fee will be 390 € by MAY 31, 2019 and 480 € since JUN 1, 2019 payable to the bank account or via credit card in the registration form. The registration fee includes coffee breaks and lunches during all three days and a dinner on first seminar day.
The seminar will take place at the facilities of the Faculty of Civil Engineering at the Czech Technical University in Prague. The exact location and room number will be sent out to the registered participants in June together with other information and final training schedule.
The participants are requested to make their own hotel reservations. We recommend to use the following links for hotel reservations in a pleasant environment and in the vicinity of the Technical University, where the seminar will take place:
|Hotel Diplomat ****||http://www.viennahouse.com/cz/diplomat-prague/hotel/|
|Hotel U Hvezdy ***||http://www.hoteluhvezdy.cz|
|Hotel Krystal ***||http://www.hotel-krystal.eu/|
|Masarykova kolej ***||http://www.masarykovakolej.cz/|
|Penzion Patanka ***||http://www.patanka.cz|