ATENA version 5.6
ATENA version 5.6
The new features are:
- Many changes, improvements, and optimizatons in the kernel (boundary and connection conditions for 2D shells and 1D beams, chlorides+carbonation)
- Vector and tensor display in ATENA Studio
- Smaller fixes and improvements in ATENA Studio (selecting by spacebar, saving last step when interrupted, diagrams, iteration number display, checking for .inp file changes)
- Many fixes and improvements in the kernel (connecting 1D beams and 2D shells to other elements, shells and beams, solvers, LCS)
- Added option IGNORE_REF_HEIGHT, IGNORE_REF_WIDTH for 1D and 3D beams
- Updated SARA
- Updated ATENA-GiD scripts, see GiD\Problemtypes\Atena\Readme.txt
- Updated Examples
- Updated Manuals
- Updated Installer
The new version brings many new and exciting features based on the suggestion and feedback of our ATENA users.
Improved support for large scale analysis:
The analysis presented by Niklas Bagge in the success story section in our October Newsletter shows that engineers often need to effectively perform nonlinear analysis of complex and complete structural systems. In ATENA this is usually accomplished by optimal combination of beam, shell and solid elements. In the new ATENA version we have introduced new features to simplify this approach and namely to make it more effective during the model development and faster in the computational time. This namely involves the following new features:
Nonlinear modeling of complete building section in ATENA software
Schematic description of the new ATENA durability and corrosion model
New models for durability and reinforcement corrosion:
Improvements in post-processing:
The program ATENAStudio, which supports unique run-time visualization, has been extended with new post-processing and visualization features based on the requirements and input from you:
- improvements and enhancements in the visualization of diagrams of internal forces (i.e. M, N, V)
Top: reinforcement corrosion after 30 years (Nougawa bridge Japan) Bottom: single beam failure mode in ULS case after 80 years
Maintenance and support
We strongly support our users in their analytic work with ATENA. Support is mainly provided by email and phone calls. The solution to many questions can be found also in our FAQ & Online Forum. New versions of ATENA are released every year.
Maintenance is provided for free for one year after the software purchase. After that is it can be prolonged at annual rate coresponding to 15% of the program price.
- Minimum: PC with MS Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP1, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, GPU with OpenGL 1.1 and 1024x768 resolution.
- Recommended: PC with MS Windows 7, 64 bit 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, GPU with OpenGL and HW acceleration, designed for CAD (nVidia FX, AMD FireGL, etc.)